On August 7th grab a friend and tell them how much you love them! Because it is national Friendship Day! This started in 1935 in the US and has gotten bigger and bigger through out the years! Sometimes you will gives to show your love or just hang out!! <3 🙂 Have a great friend day! Look at this website for more information!
I would have to say JAYDEN! Jayden I would say is the best blogger in our class!:) He is always done his posts on time! And he always is posting new posts daily! Keeping everyone involved! I love it! Also, he always makes time to go to others blogs and comment!:) This is why Jayden is the best blogger in our class! Check out Jayden’s ….Jayden!
I would nominate Mr. Kerb’s class!:) They look like they are working really hard and making sure all their posts are updated! There are many different kinds of posts! Like colour, videos and many pictures! It’s interesting to look at!:) To me they deserve an award for blogging as a class! Check it out your self! Mr. Kerb’s class!
- Another popular feed format developed as an alternative to RSS.
- Automated form of podcasting that allows bloggers and blog readers to generate audio versions of text blogs from RSS feeds.
- A blog where the posts consist mainly of voice recordings sent by mobile phone, sometimes with some short text message added for metadata purposes. (cf. podcasting)
- A law blog.
- An entry in a blog requesting information or contributions.
- Blog Carnival
- A blog article that contains links to other articles covering a specific topic. Most blog carnivals are hosted by a rotating list of frequent contributors to the carnival, and serve to both generate new posts by contributors and highlight new bloggers posting matter in that subject area.
- Blog client
- (weblog client) is software to manage (post, edit) blogs from operating system with no need to launch a web browser. A typical blog client has an editor, a spell-checker and a few more options that simplify content creation and editing.
- Person who runs a blog. Also blogger.com, a popular blog hosting web site. Rarely: weblogger.
- Blogs written by and for Mormons (a portmanteau of “blog” and “Tabernacle“). Generally refers to faithful Mormon bloggers and sometimes refers to a specific grouping of faithful Mormon bloggers.
- One of the most popular blog awards.
- A list of other blogs that a blogger might recommend by providing links to them (usually in a sidebar list).
- All blogs, or the blogging community.
- A free blog counter that allows bloggers to track visitors and provides related web analytics data such as pageviews, keywords, and countries.
- A category of software which consists of a specialized form of a Content Management System specifically designed for creating and maintaining weblogs.
- The BOBs
- The largest international blog awards.
- Catblogging (traditionally “Friday catblogging”)
- The practice of posting pictures of cats, in typical cat postures and expressions, on a blog. Sometimes a comment on the cat or the situation shown is provided. ‘Catblogging’ as a distinct and defined practice originated on Calpundit.com, by Kevin Drum. He also established Friday as the canonical catblogging day.
- Collaborative blog
- A blog (usually focused on a single issue or political stripe) on which multiple users enjoy posting permission. Also known as group blog.
- Comment spam
- Like e-mail spam. Robot “spambots” flood a blog with advertising in the form of bogus comments. A serious problem that requires bloggers and blog platforms to have tools to exclude some users or ban some addresses in comments.
- Desktop Blogging Client
- An off-line blog management (posting, editing and archiving) tool
- To rebut a blog entry in a line-by-line fashion.
- A portmanteau of “fake” and “blog”. A blog that’s ghostwritten by someone, such as in the marketing department.
- A food blog; sometimes, a blog dedicated to food porn.
- RSS Feeds.
- A journalist blog.
- A blog with a Jewish focus.
- Term for blogs written by members or veterans of any branch of military service – Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marines. A contraction of military and blog.
- A portmanteau of “mobile” and “blog”. A blog featuring posts sent mainly by mobile phone, using SMS or MMS messages. They are often photoblogs.
- Mommy blog
- A blog featuring discussions especially about home and family.
- A blog constructed as a conversation between more than two people.
- A portmanteau of National Blog Posting Month. Writing a post every day for a month on one’s blog. Began in 2006 as an alternative challenge to National Novel Writing Month, which is an annual challenge to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. After a couple years of holding NaBloPoMo exclusively in November, the challenge was expanded to include participants every month though prizes are only awarded in November. 
- Permanent link. The unique URL of a single post. Use this when you want to link to a post somewhere.
- Type of blog utilising the Gopher protocol instead of HTTP
- A Photoblog. A portmanteau of “photo” and “blog”.
- A blog mostly containing photos, posted constantly and chronologically.
- The alert in the TrackBack system that notifies the original poster of a blog post when someone else writes an entry concerning the original post.
- Contraction of “iPod” and “broadcasting” (but not for iPods only). Posting audio and video material on a blog and its RSS feed, for digital players.
- An entry written and published to a blog.
- Post Slug
- For blogs with common language URLs, the post slug is the portion of the URL that represents the post. Example: http://domain.com/2008/01/this-is-the-post-slug
- Really Simple Syndication is a family of Web feed formats used to publish frequently updated content such as blog entries, news headlines or podcasts.
- RSS aggregator
- Software or online service allowing a blogger to read an RSS feed, especially the latest posts on their favourite blogs. Also called a reader, or feedreader.
- RSS feed
- The file containing a blog’s latest posts. It is read by an RSS aggregator/reader and shows at once when a blog has been updated. It may contain only the title of the post, the title plus the first few lines of a post, or the entire post.
- Search engine friendly URLs
- or, for short, SEF URLs, implemented with a Rewrite engine.
- Spam blog
- A blog which is composed of spam. A Spam blog or “any blog whose creator doesn’t add any written value.”
- Slashdot effect
- The Slashdot effect can hit blogs or other website, and is caused by a major website (usually Slashdot, but also Digg, Metafilter, Boing Boing, Instapundit and others) sending huge amounts of temporary traffic that often slow down the server.
- The term used when a blogs feed is added to a feed reader like Bloglines or Google. Some blogging platforms have internal subscriptions, this allows readers to receive notification when there are new posts in a blog.
- Templates, used on the “back end” of a blog that work together to handle information and present it on a blog.
- CSS based code that when applied to the templates will result in visual element changes to the blog. The theme, as a whole, is also referred to as a blog design.
- A system that allows a blogger to see who has seen the original post and has written another entry concerning it. The system works by sending a ‘ping’ between the blogs, and therefore providing the alert.
- A video blog; a vlogger is a video blogger (e.g. someone who records himself interviewing people of a certain field).
- a blog devoted mostly or wholly to covering news events concerning an ongoing war.
- the unshortened version of ‘blog’.
I am getting more and more people. And I LOVE IT! So the people who are coming to my blogs please keep coming!:) And For the people who aren’t I will keep writing and keeping my posts up to date to try and get you to come to my blog! I will add widgets and links to make it interesting! 🙂 So this is what I will do to get LOTS of people to visit.
Okay, I have to create a meme for week 8 student blogging challenge. So here’s a link on what it is and how we do this. Student challenge week 8!
I think I am pretty good at golf! My family has owned a gold course my whole life. I have been golfing since I could hold a golf club. I think I have gotten better over the years. I have been golfing for about 11 or 12 years. Last year my farthest hit was 200 yards which is pretty good. Most 13 year olds can’t hit that far. Dad says when I’m older he will take me to Jamacia to one of the long drive competitions he owns. We are also having a long drive competition at our golf course. So I will get to participate in that.:)
In the summer golf is my world. I always golf with my friends. I like to have compitions with them. It helps me get better!:) Some of the people I golf with are in my class. Like Cole and Carter! And many more that aren’t in my class. One day I would like to be a pro golfer. My goal is to hit 300 yards when I’m 16.
This weekend I had a party. And at this party my friends from cambridge was there. She taught us how to GIMP! There was lots of skill involved. I am going to try and teach you how to Gimp giving you step by step instructions.
First you need two plastic strings.
Then you need to take the strings and hold them together. Making sure their the same lengths. Then fold them in hald.
Once you have found your centre point you take the stings and cross them in the centre. Making it an X.
Now you have to take the strings and make two loops. Then go over a loop then under a loop. with both ends of the strings.
Next you will pull it tight and if the string looks like a square and it has the stings threading through each other then you have done it right.
Then you will keep repeating this step until it is finished.
That’s how you GIMP!
I hope you were able to follow along with my insttructions. Feel free to leave a comment and ask more questions.
My favorite food would have to be TACOS!
I love tacos! They are so good because they have meat, lettuce, tomato, cheese, salsa, sour cream, and whatever else you desire. You can eat them for supper and lunch. I even have them for breakfast. They are colourful and tasty! The mix of many foods mixed together is what I enjoy about it. What’s you favorite food? Do you like tacos? 🙂
Here are some websites to teach you a little bit more about tacos!
I would like to keep blogging because I think it’s fun to update my blog and see what other people say about what you do. I like when people comment on it. Some give tips and others comment because they like what I’m doing.
So I’m hoping to blog over the summer! And I hope you do too!
You may be asking why I so randomly posted something with the title “Fly Away Little Birds.” That is my title because birds MIGRATE! In case you didn’t know. Geese are one of the animals that migrate. First of all migrate means the animal goes away then comes back. Geese go to the south in the winters and come back in the summers. They need to stay in a warm invironment so they migrate! And this is why birds migrate.“TYPE=PICT;ALT=migrating_geese”
Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.
I am wearing green today,
I will save the earth someday!
NA NA NA NA NA NA NA A
Who is wearing green today!